Frequently Asked Questions
How does my child apply to Camp Cadet?
- Complete the application and mail that with a paragraph that the child writes about why they want to attend Camp Cadet.
\What are the qualifications for Camp Cadet?
- The applicant must reside in Lackawanna, Wayne, Pike or Susquehanna Counties, and be between the ages of 12 and 15.
really want my child to attend Camp Cadet. What do I have to do?
- We only accept children who express an interest in attending the program. It is not based on a parent’s recommendation.
When and where is the camp held?
- The 2017 camp is held from July 23rd - 28th at Marywood University in Scranton.
Is this an overnight camp?
- Yes. The cadets check in on Sunday afternoon and there is a graduation ceremony on Friday evening.
Is there a cost for the camp?
- No. Cadets attend the camp free of charge.
Where can I obtain an application?
- An application can be obtained on this website, at a State Police barracks or from your child’s school guidance counselor.
Can I submit the application on line?
- No. All applications must be mailed with the child’s paragraph to 85 Keystone Industrial Park, Dunmore, Pa. 18512
Will you mail an application to my home?
- No. Since Camp Cadet is a non-profit organization that exists due to private and corporate donations, we make every attempt to keep costs down.
When will I hear if my child is accepted?
- All applicants will be notified of their acceptance or rejection. The application period ends on April 15, 2017 and interviews with accepted cadets will begin by the middle of May. All applicants should receive notification of acceptance or rejection by the end of May.
Can my child call me during the week?
- No. No cell phones or other electronics are permitted. Parents are supplied with a phone number to call in the event of a family emergency that requires contact with their child.
Can siblings attend camp together?
- We have accepted siblings in the past. They will not be in the same squad nor will they room together.